29.1 An employee who is elected, seconded or otherwise appointed in their professional capacity to a position by or with any of the organisations listed below shall be entitled to leave on full pay to attend meetings of those bodies:
- The Ministry of Health and other government departments or statutory bodies;
- The Medical and Dental Councils of New Zealand;
- Medico-legal disciplinary bodies e.g. the Health Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal;
- Medical and Dental Colleges and professional medical or dental associations;
- The New Zealand Medical and Dental Associations and the Association of Salaried Medical Specialists.
29.2 Employees may also be granted leave on full pay to attend meetings convened by the Ministry of Health and other government departments, agencies or statutory bodies where they have been invited to attend or are doing so in their professional capacity. Applications for leave shall not be unreasonably withheld.
29.3 Employees who have been appointed or invited by a College or professional association to teach and examine trainees, or to participate in other clinical training programmes, including advanced life support and resuscitation courses, shall be granted leave on full pay to do so.